Spring and fall are our most popular seasons. There are no application deadlines but reservations are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. Please call 651-481-8559 or email [email protected] to hold your desired time.
DEPOSITS and PAYMENTS
A deposit is required to hold your reservation. 50% of the trip fee is due no later than 30 days prior to the start date of your trip. You may pay your deposit and balance with check or money order payable in U.S. funds made out to:
1455 Arden View Drive
Arden Hills, MN 55112
Before the deposit is due, the participant will be provided with a written proposal of trip cost. This will include your lodging and meal expenses, a per Diem for the trip leader and any additional fees for high-clearance 4WD vehicles, location fees, outfitting and other necessary and appropriate costs. If any variance from the estimate occurs, WorldView will inform the participant as soon as possible. There is no provider markup taken on trip expenses and participant will have full visibility of all required costs.
YOUR PHOTO TRIP FEE INCLUDES:
1. All trip planning and coordination. Detailed trip itinerary provided in advance.
2. Professional one-on-one photographic instruction, coaching, tutorials, written support materials and constructive critique.
3. All ground transportation to and from lodging and shooting locales in vehicles appropriate to the terrain.
4. Entrance fees and permits to all National and State Parks.
5. Airport pickup and return whenever possible.
1. Alcoholic beverages, bar expenses or room service.
2. Roundtrip transportation from your home to trip base location.
3. Lodging and meal expenses and some small park entrance fees (noted in trip proposal).
4. Telephone calls, laundry, in-room entertainment, film, batteries or memory cards.
5. Personal insurance.
KNOW YOUR CAMERA!
Although your instructors will be very knowledgeable with both film and digital cameras, they cannot possibly know the specific features and options of every camera model. In order to enjoy and benefit from your trip, you need to know and understand how your camera operates.
Worldview Photography has the right to make changes, deletions or substitutions to proposed itinerary as conditions dictate (changes in weather, permit availability, road or trail conditions, etc.). Participants do not have the right to a refund based on itinerary changes.
Our trip participants are lodged in modern, comfortable hotels, motels and B&Bs. Participants may request upgraded lodging if available.
WorldView will arrange all meals. Field snacks and beverages are provided free in-vehicle. Because of shooting and travel schedules, it is not always possible to eat at ‘normal’ times. We will do our best to accommodate reasonable dietary requests, if they are communicated with sufficient notice.
HEALTH & PHYSICAL CONDITION
It is the participant’s responsibility to assess the appropriateness of the trip activities with regard to their own abilities, health and physical condition. It is not possible for WorldView Photography to accommodate individuals with health problems or disabilities. By paying trip fees, the participant guarantees that they do not have any physical, mental or other condition that would endanger themselves or another participant. We reserve the right to request a physician’s statement and we will not be responsible for participants who cannot take part in trip activities. Further, we may refuse enrollment or require withdrawal from the workshop at any time without refund.
WorldView Photography is fully insured as a tour provider by Zurich American Insurance Corporation.
We strongly recommend purchase of personal travel insurance. We recommend Affinity Travel Insurance Services, located in Columbus, OH. You can purchase a policy from them that will protect you in case you are unable to participate in your trip due to unforeseen circumstances. Their web address is www.travelinsure.com. Toll free telephone is: 1-800-937-1387. We recommend a plan that offers coverage for medical and dental emergencies, medical evacuation, missed connections, lost luggage and trip cancellation if you have a serious medical problem that prevents you from participating.
Worldview Photography is not responsible for cancellation due to medical emergencies or reimbursement of non-refundable airline tickets in the event of a trip cancellation.
SMOKING & ALCOHOL
Smoking or consumption of alcoholic beverages is not permitted at any time during the trip in or near the vehicles, other participants, classrooms, dining areas or shooting locations.
1. No refund may be made for withdrawal after the trip begins.
2. WorldView Photography reserves the right to cancel a reservation if full payment has not been received 30 days prior to trip commencement.
3. Worldview is not responsible for cancellation due to medical emergency. We highly recommend purchasing travel insurance (see INSURANCE above).
4. WorldView Photography is not responsible for reimbursement of nonrefundable airline tickets in the event of a trip cancellation.
5. In the event that a trip must be cancelled by the participant for a reason deemed appropriate by WorldView Photography, all fees and deposits will be refunded in full or may be transferred to another trip within one year. If WorldView has incurred any trip expense prior to cancellation that is non-refundable, that expense will be deducted from the refund amount.
6. In the event of a trip cancellation initiated by WorldView Photography for reasons other than cited above, the participant will receive a full refund of deposits and fees.
7. Unfortunately, there can be no exceptions to our cancellation policy.
INCREASES TO PARTICIPATION FEE
Cost increases may occur unexpectedly due to a price change in gasoline, lodging, fees for hired services or ground transportation. Errors may also occur in the trip cost proposal. Although we will make every effort to avoid surprises, WorldView Phototography reserves the right to amend trip prices if necessary.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK
Participation in a photography trip involves some risk. Risks may include but are not limited to forces of nature, rugged terrain, wild animals, cancellation, strikes, civil disturbance, changes in itinerary, negligent action, mechanical failures, accidents and health risks. Medical services or facilities including emergency health care, physicians or medication may not be readily available during the trip. See INSURANCE above. Payment of the trip fee means the participant assumes all associated risk inherent in the trip as indicated and is personally responsible for the consequences.
WorldView Photography (referred to as WVP) will make every attempt to provide our participants with a safe and memorable experience. WVP and their employees, subcontractors and suppliers act only as agents for the participant regarding travel including but not limited to, photography, sightseeing, meals, transportation, instruction, lodging and all other services. They are not responsible for injury, theft, loss, accident or delay which may occur by defect or default or any other cause through the acts of any company or individual conveying the participant or carrying out any aspect of the photo trip. WVP accepts no responsibility for losses or expenses incurred due to delay or changes in airline or other services. Likewise, they accept no responsibility for losses or expenses due to, but not limited to, weather, strike, war, civil disturbance, terrorism or quarantine. All such losses or expenses are the responsibility of the participant. WVP reserves the right to cancel any trip prior to commencement, in which case a full refund of paid workshop fees will be granted. Photo trip prices are based on current rates and supplier fees. WVP reserves the right to increase fees without prior notice. WVP is not responsible for any other participant expense including non-refundable airline tickets or credit card fees. We strongly recommend the purchase of travel insurance. See INSURANCE above.
Your WorldView Trip Registration Form includes a statement indicating that you have read and understood the information contained here. The entire form must be completed, signed and returned by the specified date. Failure to do so may result in decline of participation. Cancellation policy will remain in effect.
If WVP or any individual(s) acting on their behalf is required to incur legal fees to enforce the Assumption of Risk/Responsibility Agreement, the participant agrees to hold WVP harmless for all such costs. If a lawsuit is filed, the participant agrees to do so solely in the County of Ramsey, in the State of Minnesota.